“VIP Powder” – heliski program
Unique opportunity to ski with a World Champion Freerider
Manu Gaidet, the french ski freeride legend, is on tour with Heliksir as a guide next season. Conquer the powder with Manu and ski in the tracks of a World Champion.
Ski with Manu Gaidet
3 time World Champion, ski freeride – Mountain Guide – Ski teacher
February 1 – 8, 2020
Unlimited Vertical Meters
2 groups of 4 privileged guests maximum
VIP Powder Offer
- Unllimited vertical metres of skiing
- Complimentary Special powder skis
- Safety equipment (Mammut Barryvox transceiver + Airbag backpack + related avalanche gear)
- Safety orientation and training on the use of safety equipment
- Professional guide services of Manu Gaidet
- Down-days activities’ choice
- Accommodation : double occupancy at Gudauri Marco Polo Hotel with full buffet breakfast at the hotel and mountain lunch on the slopes
- 7 nights at Gudauri Marco Polo Hotel****
- Georgia’s traditional “Supra” as a farewell dinner (6-day package only)
- Transfer from Tbilisi International Airport to Gudauri – and return
Arriving at the Tbilisi International Airport, our shuttle service will take you to Gudauri ski resort (about 2 hours) using highway called military road that leads to the border with Russia. On the way you can enjoy with so much beautiful views of the nature, you will pass by Zhinvali Dom, Ananuri fortress from XIV-XVI centuries, beautiful local villages. Then you start driving up and up to the breathtakingly beautiful mountains and you reach your final destination – Gudauri Ski Resort at an elevation of 2 200 m above sea level, where your adventures are waiting for you.
You will check in at the hotel and depending on your arrival time, you have to attend safety briefing at about 4:30 PM highlighting awareness of risk, best practice guidelines and emergency procedures. If your arrival in Gudauri is late in the evening, you can attend special briefing next day in early morning and definitely before starting heliski, will it be arrival day or the next morning, you should complete all the registration procedures and then you start to get ready for the adventures.
Day to Day
ARRIVAL DAY (Saturday )
Arrival at the Tbilisi International Airport and transfer to Gudauri ski resort (Marco Polo Hotel) that will take about 2 hours. You will check in at the hotel and have to attend safety briefing at about 4:30 PM in the arrival day evening or next morning before starting heliski, if you appear at the Ski resort late in the evening. The meeting is held to highlight awareness of all the risks, best practice guidelines and emergency procedures. May you also have some questions to Manu Gaidet and that is the best time to gain all the information you need. What is also very important, you should complete all the registration procedures before you start heliski and then you have time to get ready for the adventures.
SKI DAYS (6)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Guests arrive at Heliksir hangar at 09:00 AM (or it may be different timing according to what Manu Gaidet will decide. Of course, you will be informed)
- Checking and grouping
- Gearing up for the day
- Manu will decide with you of the appropriate pace and terrain to ski, in accordance to your group’s ability.
- At lunch time all groups get together at a landing spot chosen by our guides for comfort and nice mountain vistas.
- Group will return to the base in Gudauri at about 04:00 PM.
You have free evening to relax with different activities at the Marco Polo Hotel or try traditional food/drinks in local restaurants. On Friday evening, guests will enjoy the Georgia’s traditional “Supra” as a farewell dinner.
DEPARTURE DAY (Saturday
On the departure day, you can have your breakfast and then have some time to sort out your luggage. After checking out from Marco Polo hotel (check out time is set as 12:00 noon), you have transfer from Gudauri to Tbilisi (International airport or may it will be some hotel in Tbilisi).
Gudauri Lodging ****
Providing an ideal mix of value, comfort and convenience, Marco Polo Hotel offers a family-friendly setting with an array of amenities designed for travellers like you. Guest rooms offer a flat screen TV and a minibar, and Marco Polo Hotel makes getting online easy as free wifi is available. You can also take advantage of amenities as pool, spa, gym, tennis, bowling, billiards. In addition, guests can enjoy our bars and restaurants like Taverna Khreki.
Gudauri Tour schedule 2020
February 1 – 8, 2020